Wednesday, September 06, 2006

'This is me in grade 9, baby'

Okay, since nobody is leaving any comments or reading this blog, I'm not sure if I should bother writing it anymore! Oh well, it's for my personal enjoyment I guess..What, am I not interesting enough for you?'

So my first two days of school have been interesting. I suppose I'm almost 10 years older than most of the kids just starting school so that adds a very strange dynamic to the mix. I've realized that I'm no longer cool, in fact, I'm a total nerd. I've never seen so much skin and cleavage in my life! Heels! The heels are so high and inappropriate it's only a matter of time before some girl falls down the stairs and seriously injures herself or someone else. Backpacks are no longer cool and everyone, I mean everyone, carries a cell phone and some sort of MP3 player (at least I have one of those).

I feel like a fish out of water. Oh well. I'm already busy with homework and assignments. If anyone has any story ideas, please feel free to pass them on to me! Anyways, we produce a newspaper called the Calgary Journal. Check it out www.calgaryjournal.ca. I should have a story in there sometime this year! My experience at STEP should come in handy because I got assigned the Business 'beat'. I'll be writing stories on local business in Calgary. Not too glamorous, but it's a start.

Anyways, I'll write more soon although it doesn't really matter because I don't think anyone is reading this!

1 Comments:

Blogger Crystal said...

Hey Andrea!
Don't give up blogging! There are unfortunately 'lurkers' out there who just like to read blogs and don't realize the importance of leaving comments. Comments encourage us right?!? At least they encourage me! I feel the same way sometimes... that nobody reads my blog... and then I get a comment from a good friend and it gives me a smile. Hopefully this comment did that for you! Thanks for your insight!

9:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home