Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Saddest day ever

Hello...

Today is one of the saddest days ever! I just found out that Burt's Bees was bought by Clorox of all company's! Right when I find a product that's everything I've been looking for, they sell out for $925 million dollars! I'm going to encourage everyone to who loves and uses this product to keep an eye on the ingredients list as they use these products. I don't trust a company like Clorox to keep the integrity of the orignal recipes. The following are the reasons I love and use Burt's Bees - they don't contain any ingredients from this nasty list:

Parabens - Synthetic preservatives that are potential toxins and endocrine disrupters
Sulfates (sodium lauryl/laureth sulfate) - Synthetic cleansing agents that potentially damage the lipid layer of your skin
Chemical Sunscreens (parsol 1789/oxybenzone) - Synthetic sunscreens that get absorbed and potentially disrupt hormone balance
Petro Chemicals (petrolatum/mineral oil/paraffin) - Non-renewable byproducts of crude oil with potentially dangerous impurities
Glycols - Synthetic chemicals that potentially draw other chemicals into the bloodstream
Phthalates - Synthetic fragrance components that are potential toxins
PEGs or PPGs - Synthetic ingredients processed with ethylene oxide, a toxic residual impurity
DEA/TEA - Synthetic stabilizers that can react with other ingredients in products and form nitrosamines, known carcinogens
Formaldehyde Donors (DMDM hydantoin/ diazolidinyl urea/ methylisothiazolinone) - Potential effect of some preservatives degrading over time and releasing small amounts of formaldehyde, a known carcinogen
1, 4-Dioxanes - Accidental by-products from ethoxylation (common ingredient processing), which are not declared on ingredient labels and are classified as possible carcinogens

Well, for me, I guess it's back to the health food store to find my Burt's Bees replacement :(

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home